The new Zenithstar 61 from William Optics is an FPL53 doublet APO refractor that provides very good versatility in a small and portable package.
Click here to see review of ZS61
With the dedicated Flattener 61 it is a superb little astrograph for DSLR or CCD Imaging or wildlife photography.
The FPL53 element offers a significant advantage over older FPL51 designs, the Zenithstar 61 has very good colour correction.
Each scope is tested by William Optics on their new 2017 Interferometer and star tested to ensure that WO's renowned high optical standards are maintained.
The 2" dual speed rack and pinion focuser is both strong and precise and can be motorised.
The Zenithstar 61 features an L Shaped mounting bracket, retractable dew shield.
A field flattener is available which offers a 43mm corrected circle for full format cameras.
Focal Ratio: F/5.9
Focal Length: 360 mm
Limiting Magnitude: 10
Image Circle: Z61Ö 41mm / Z61 with Flat 6
Objective: Type Synthetic Flourite FPL 53 Doublet, Air Spaced, APO
Fully Multi-Coated, SMC coating.
Lens Shade: Retractable
Focuser: 50.8mm(2”) R&P Focuser with 1:10 Dual Speed micro focuser
75 mm Focuser Travel Length
Field Stops Baffles
Type of mount: Rotatable L Bracket
Diameters: Main Tube Diameter 75 mm / Dewshield Diameter 80mm
Tube Length: 230 mm Fully Retracted, 300 mm Fully Extended.
Tube Weight 1.45KG
The new Star 71 features a 4 element design. 2 + 2 with two FPL53 ED elements instead of a 5 element system 3+2 with one FPL53 ED element as on the original scope.
The Anniversary edition comes with Blue detailing instead of gold
This is to produce a telescope with better collimation stability.
All scopes are tested by us on an artificial star to check for collimation prior to despatch.
The Star 71 has 30mm corrected circle and is a good choice for APS-C sized sensors or smaller, it also features a decent dual speed rack and pinnion focuser with rotator which terminates in a male 48mm thread.
An EOS adaptor is included and we can also supply Nikon and T adaptors.
This telescope is designed for astrophotography and does not work with standard 1.25" and 2" pushfit diagonals.
An optional ultra low profile 1.25" screw thread diagonal is available from William Optics.
Includes Soft Carry Case
71mm f/4.9 Imaging Refractor Telescope.
4-element design with two FPL-53 ED glass elements for enhanced colour correction.
Does not require not a flattener/reducer.
Covers 30mm APS-C size imaging circle.
2.5" dual speed R&P focuser.
Includes tube-rings and Vixen style dovetail.
Total weight: 2.4 kg / 5.3 lbs .
Focuser drawtube travel = 1.38" / 35mm.
Soft carry bag included!
The new 2016 GT81 three-element super APO Anniversary offer superb quality for imaging and visual use at an affordable price！From the pristine white finish on the CNC to the elegant gold trim which has more than just good looks...
· Triplet air-spaced objective (FPL-53) in adjustable CNC machined ultra high precision lens cell.
· Extremely sharp.
· Excellent color correction.
· Each lens is Fully Multi-Coated with a special super-high transmission coating (STM Coating) on all surfaces.
· This F/5.9 lens is ideal for astrophotography.
2.0" Crayford V-power Focuser
· New ultra smooth 2" Crayford V-power edition focuser with 1:10 dual speed: a treat to use during astrophotography. No image shifting (capacity 15lb.)!
· Comes with two locking screws on angled positions for heavy load applications.
‧ Chromed, soft thumbscrews, easy to use even with gloves on.
· Stainless steel reinforcement inserts on both sides and on the back to allow heavy loading without problems.
‧ diamond-coated drive system: very smooth, no lateral movement or tilting.
· Graduated scale for precise camera alignment.
Simply Beautiful Finish
· Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminum tube, gold trim finish, retractable dewshield, dewshield cap.
· Top quality anodizing.
· Very compact for carrying on flights.
Attention to Details
· 2" & 1.25" adapter included in the price.
· Anti-marring brass compression rings.
· Carry handle with V-shape night glowing illuminator.
· 90mm mounting rings are optional.
Focal Ratio F/5.9
Focal Length 478 mm
Objective Type Three element with FPL-53 Air Spaced, Fully Multi-Coated,STM coatings
Resolving Power 1.43 seconds of arc
Limiting Magnitude 12.2
Lens Shade Retractable
2" 360° Rotating Camera-angle Adjuster, 1:10 fine focus
1.25" Adapter 2" Brass Compression Rings
Field Stops Knife-Edge Baffles
L-type Mount Bracket
Tube Diameter 90mm
Tube Length 440mm Fully Retracted
484mm Fully Extended
Tube Weight 3.7 kg
Terms and Conditions
Copyright ©2012 Ian King Imaging Ltd.
Site built by Savagescape Ltd.