* Universal filter wheel for 1.25", 48mm and 50mm/2" unmounted filters through the use of interchangeable internal disks
* Instant access to filters/disks without interfering with the telescope, focuser or CCD camera
* Intelligent onboard electronics for standalone operation using optional Field Hand Unit if required
* Control from MaxIm, AstroArt, CCDSoft, etc, plus stand alone program, via RS232C interface
* 5-way disks available for 48mm/2" screw-in filters and 50mm/2" unmounted filters
* 8-way disk available for 1.25" screw-in filters
* Precision accuracy by the use of infra-red beams and 'V' indent /spring plunger system
* All popular filter makes supported eg Astrodon/Schuler, Astronomik, True Tech, Lumicon, etc - the internal clearance between the rotating disk and sidewall of the housing is just over 8mm. This is insufficient for some Baader 1.25" filters, but we can supply our own compatible filter rings and tool to change the glass over to our own (lower profile) filter rings. See below for more details.
* Automove to filter No 1 position on reset command from PC (eg after disk change)
* Ultra slim design of only 21.5mm thick permits installation in limited back-focus systems
* 2" SCT or M54x0.75 threads (mix 'n match) on faceplates for maximum clear aperture, plus wide range of adapters
* Wide range of adapters for connection to virtually any telescope or CCD camera or digital SLR
* 12v dc operation (12v psu supplied as standard)
* Optional field hand unit.
* Compact design (6" diameter only ) and lightweight (0.6Kg - 1.3lb) unloaded
The USB drivers are included on the CD which comes with the SupaSlim Filter Wheel, as is the Stand-alone control software, and user guide.
Can be supplied with SCT Female or M54 Female Side plates or mix and matched at no extra cost.
Please state requirements by email wheen ordering
This filter wheel comprises an Ultra slim motorized filter wheel - only 0.7" thick!
USB controlled and powered - no additional power supply required
No motors protruding from the filter wheel to get in the way.
Measuring only 4.5" x 4.75" x 0.7", this is one of the smallest, thinnest motorized filter wheels on the market.
Only adds 19mm of back focus to the optical path when used with included adapters.
Runs via Included ASCOM driver in ASCOM compatible CCD Capture Programs
T thread to T thread adapter
T thread to C thread adapter
T thread to 1.25" barrel adapter
1.8M USB interface cable
The Starlight Xpress USB filter wheel is a new product for 2009 and introduces many new features to a useful imaging accessory. It is unique in that it does not require a separate power supply when used with USB control - the high performance DC gearmotor runs entirely from the USB supply and consumes less than 100mA. It is also capable of operation from a serial input, or from a switched hand controller, both of which power the wheel from a small dry battery.
The wheel is light and slim, with an easy change system of thumbscrews to swap filter disks without tools. A variety of threaded adaptors is available - T thread, SCT thread and Takahashi 72mm thread at the moment. The adaptors can be swapped by using a small screwdriver to release three stainless screws and lifting off the adaptor flange. Each flange can be rotated to any angle before locking down, so that you can orient the wheel and camera into the optimum position.
The wheel is quiet in operation and the Hall-Effect 3 bit encoded positioning gives absolute filter locations (not serially sequential) so you can easily swap between any filters without accidentally losing the wheel position.
Available with either 7 position 1.25" Carousel or
5 position 48mm carousel.
Bolt on adaptorsd for configuring the Starlight Xpress USB Filter Wheel
Additional filter wheel carousel for Starlight Xpress USB Filter Wheel
We’re pleased to introduce a new motorized filter wheel, with multiple filter
capability. This new wheel employs exchangeable filter disks, allowing for multiple
combinations, and has large 54mm openings on both sides. With these features, the
EFW2 can easily support sensors up to full frame (35mm) format.
The EFW2 also features a slick design, with
a slim and lightweight profile. For
example, the distance between any Atik
camera and the wheel itself is 0mm, while
still maintaining the possibility to rotating
the camera to any desired position. Total
extra backfocus needed will be only
Initial filter disk options include
5x50.8mm, 5x2” mounted, 7x36mm and
Optionally, there will be a hand controller box with push button functionality
permitting the use of the wheel without a computer.
On the sofware side, the EFW2 will have a ASCOM compliant driver, so that ant
compliant software can control it. Additionally, the EFW2 will work with our Artemis
Capture software, for easy, simple and efficient operation.
Weight Aprox. 400g
Voltage requirements 12V DC
PC Interface USB
Terms and Conditions
Copyright ©2012 Ian King Imaging Ltd.
Site built by Savagescape Ltd.