The SX-46 CCD Camera is a large format camera with a 16.7MP KAF-16200 sensor with APS-H format which measures 27.21.6mm with 6um pixels.
The use of a full frame sensor requires the emploeyment of a mechancial shutter and Starlight Xpress have developed a custom roller blind assembly that uses mni stepper motors to provide an extremely unform shutter action.
The SX-46 incorporates many features that iprove on some of the other KAF 16200 based CCD Cameras.
1_ A Multi Coated SYnthetic Saphire inpit window. The extremely high thermal conductivity of saphire (about 25x better than glass) eliminates the need for a window heater by conductng waste heat from the camera body to the entire window surface.Dewing of the window is extrenely unlikely to occur, even with maximum CCD cooling.
2) A stepper driven roller blind shutter with extremely unform illumination of the sensor even at 0.1 second exposure time.The shutter is designed for robust long term use but is also very easy to service or replace if necessary.
3) A compact, dry argon filled CCD chamber, with O ring sealing. No desiccant to regularly replace. The window is easy to clean with an air duster or soft cloth.
4) Built-in LED flood illuminator for RBI elimination (trapped electrons from previous images).
5) Fast image download time - approximately 6.5 seconds for a full 16.7 megapixel image.
6) A three stage Peltier cooler to give better than -50C below ambient, with an efficient temperature controller to keep power consumption to less than 2 amps at 12v DC.
7) Standard 'Trius' 3 port USB 2 hub built-in.
8) A compact overall size of 136 mm square and 70 mm deep (+ handles). Only 1.7 Kg total weight.
Active area 27 x 21.6 mm (APS-H format)
Number of pixels: 4540 x 3640
Pixel size: 6.0 x 6.0 uM
Read noise: 9e typical
Full well capacity: Approx. 41,000e
Peak QE: Approx. 58% at 530nM
Camera gain: 0.6e / ADU
Terms and Conditions
Copyright ©2012 Ian King Imaging Ltd.
Site built by Savagescape Ltd.